The course is live and there are quizzes at the end of each section. The live portion of the course is around 6 hours and the whole course should take around 7 hours to complete. I’ll always be around to answer any questions you have!
What you will learn
- Apply a security mindset while remaining ethical.
- Implement security design principles.
- Explain the core concepts of access control.
- Implement reference monitors.
- Apply security policies that are commonly used in modern operating systems.
- Analyze the security of a basic secure system.
- Explain virtualization and the impact on security and efficiency.
- 8. Think and work like an ethical penetration tester, implementing a repeatable and mature methodology that is tailored for each assessment.
- With a given target, successfully identify vulnerabilities, score their risk, and explain mitigations.
- Responsibly disclose findings in a professional report that can be used to recreate the exploit, explain the impact to the target, and prioritize each finding.
- Enumerate target hosts, domains, exposures, and attack surface.
- Identify flaws and vulnerabilities in applications, websites, networks, systems, protocols, and configurations using both manual techniques and assistive tools.
- Reverse engineer compiled applications to discover exploitable weaknesses.
- Write new exploits to test various types of vulnerabilities on clients, against servers, and to escalate privileges.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of secure network design.
- Understand the issues involved with providing secure networks.
- Analyze underlying cryptography required for secure communications, authorization and authorization.
- Enumerate the issues involved with providing secure networks.